Due to the Safer-At-Home orders issued by Governor Newsom, we have decided to create a series of at home care videos to help you properly take care of your extensions and maximize the time in between retie appointments.
We would also like to reassure you that The Glamour Locks Hair Extension System is completely non-damaging, even if you go for an extended period of time without a retie service.
Home Maintenance Videos
You can purchase all products mentioned in these videos here. And for a limited time we are offering FREE SHIPPING on all online orders.
BRUSHING YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS
You should be brushing your hair and extensions every day. This will keep your extensions from becoming matted and tangled and will ultimately allow you to wear your extensions for extended periods of time, which is important if you are not going to be able to come into the salon soon.
Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions on how to properly brush your extensions at home.
Key Takeaways From This Video:
- Start By Brushing Out Your Ends And Then Work Your Way Up To The Top
- Be Very Careful Not To Pull On Your Extensions
- Use A Wet Brush Or Wide Tooth Comb
- When Brushing The Area Where Your Extensions Are Attached Use The Flat Edge Of The Comb To Avoid Pulling and Loosening The Extensions
- Alligator Clips Work Best For Sectioning Your Hair
- The Instructions In This Video Can Be Followed By Anyone With 1, 2 Or 3 Rows Of Extensions
- Hold Your Extensions When Brushing To Avoid Pulling
- Make Sure You Brush Your Natural Hair That Is In Between Each Row
- You Should Brush Your Hair Every Day
SHAMPOOING YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS
Another crucial part of taking care of your extensions at home is properly washing them.
You should wash your hair 1 to 2 times a week to keep your hair clean. And you should only use sulfate free pH balanced moisturizing shampoos on your extensions like Cuticle Lisse Botanical Hydrating Shampoo .
Watch the video below for step-by-step instruction on how to properly wash your hair and maximize time in-between retie appointments.
Key Takeaways From This Video:
- It's Important To Get A Lot Of Water On and Through Your Hair Before Adding Shampoo
- Use A Moisturizing Shampoo Like Cuticle Lisse Botanical Hydrating Shampoo
- If Your Hair Extensions Are Loose You Can Rub Your Scalp With The Wefts
- Squeeze The Shampoo Through Your Hair. Do Not Rub and Pull.
- Shampooing and Rinsing Should Be Repeated 2 - 3 Times
CONDITIONING YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS
Conditioning your hair extensions is very important and should be done every time you wash your hair.
You should choose a conditioner that is pH balanced and free of parabens and sodium chloride, like Cuticle Lisse Silk Smoothing Conditioner.
Watch the video below for step-by-step instruction on how to properly condition your hair and maximize time in between retie appointments.
Key Takeaways From This Video
- We Recommend That You Use Cuticle Lisse Silk Smoothing Conditioner
- Conditioner Should Only Be Applied To Your Ends and Never On Your Scalp
- Conditioner On Your Scalp Will Cause Your Extensions To Become Looser Faster
- The Drier Your Hair, The Further Up Towards Your Scalp You Should Apply Conditioner
- Once You Apply The Conditioner You Should Follow The Brushing Instructions Provided In Our First Video To Comb The Conditioner Through Your Hair and Extensions
- Oily and Fine Hair Should Only Have Conditioner Applied To The Ends